Sunday, 10 October 2010

I should have posted this on Friday.

Today is the last day of the working week, of which I am pleased. Not that I have been working countless hours or anything; I didn't even go into the school on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am assured by my colleagues that this weekend is going to bring lovely weather in 'le nord'. I'll believe it when I see it. So far I have witnessed a general theme of rain and fog. I fear this will set the mood for a long and typical winter in Northern France. But, being British, I am hardened to such a climate. I pity any of those American girls coming over from the west coast to be assistants.

I'm not actually sure of my plans for the weekend yet, but I do know that I will be leaving Lillers. I would like to take advantage of the shops in Lille, but this will have to wait until I've actually been paid. There are lots of places that I want visit, so it's good that I have so much free time. I feel like I should take ip a hobby or something. Particularly as I am quizzed daily by french students on what my 'obbies are, and they always seem a little disappointed with my answer! I think hobbies are more difficult to acquire in France though. I would probably need my birth certificate (officially translated of course), social security number and a RIB from the bank just to use the local pool.

I have been pondering my 'Toussaints' 10 day holiday in 2 weeks times. I wasn't planning on returning home, but maybe I'll take a little excursion to England and visit some friends that I haven't seen for a while. If nothing else, I can stock up on the items that cost a small fortune here. I can only assume that feminine products are infused with gold during the export process.

As am added note, I am getting very little sleep in France. I appear to wake up every 90 minutes throughout the night. Something which, as you can imagine, I thoroughly enjoy. Industrial under-eye concealer has become essential.

Well...that is all. Short and sweet for once!

P.S. I am not convinced I have actually spoken any French yet today. This is not bon.

Highlight of the day: Buying my '6 cereales' bread from the boulangerie. It's actually delicious! I love the baker a little bit. AND i managed to collect my carte bleue (debit card) from the bank succesfully all on my own!

Low-point of the day: A German man wandered into my apartment by accident. Amusing....but odd.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Your concerned parents10 October 2010 at 22:50

    We are glad that youv'e got through your first week unscathed except for colour contamination in your laundry.
    Very happy that you are settled and still have a sense of humour.
    I am slightly concerned about the German shepherd in your flat ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I love your blog and I would like to take this chance to let you know that my blog is putting out a fashion contest for styling Fall/Winter look.

    For the winner will receive $100USD Coupon from WM Style shop to purchase any item they wish.

    Simply send an email to wmstyle@live.com with A photo and name, we will post the photo of you on our Facebook Page and for the most votes win!

    Let others to know about this!

    We post new items every week! So, please keep track on our contents. You will never know what you will find and you will love to wear!

    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/wmstyle

    Blog: http://wmstyleblog.blogspot.com

    Best of luck,

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. wandering into your apartment? that is very weird xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hannah,
    how's your life going on? I hope it all goes really really well :)
    xxx
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you talked your landlord about that weird man?

    Take care...

    PS: How did you find the demonstrations and riots about retirement reforms there? Thank God I am OUT OF my country for a bit, this situation is just pain in the arse.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me lovely comments. (Yes family, that includes you)